However, installing Catalina on virtualization software will be the easy task and simple, just you need to download MacOS Catalina dmg file for a virtual machine. If you want to know more about the installation of MacOS 10.15 Catalina on virtualization software then follow the link in this article. How to Install MacOS Catalina on PC-Hackintosh. Jan 03, 2020 Download macOS Catalina DMG File Install macOS Catalina on PC-Hackintosh. If you are here then you decided to install macOS Catalina on PC-Hackintosh. Also, you have downloaded the DMG File of macOS Catalina and now you are ready to do the final part. However, before doing that you are going to install Clover boot-loader for the installer.
To create a bootable USB drive from a DMG file on Windows, you will need to have the right utility. That's because DMG is not native on Windows. It is the Mac equivalent of an ISO file that has been in use since Apple transitioned from the IMG format with Mac OS X. A DMG file, like ISO, can be used to install macOS operating system or Mac apps. If the Mac computer was broken or crashed and couln't get into the system, but you only have access to a Windows PC, there's still a way to make a bootable macOS install USB on Windows.
This article looks at three applications that you can use to create a bootable USB drive from a DMG file in Windows. All of them have their advantages and disadvantages, which we have highlighted. You can make the best choice for you based on the information provided below. They are in no particular order of preference.
TransMac - Make DMG File Bootable USB on Windows
This is a fairly robust application for creating bootable USB on Windows from a DMG file. However, there's a preparatory step to be executed before you can create the bootable USB drive. The typical disk partition used is MBR, but you will need to do a partition with GPT for this to work. You can do so by executing the diskpart command in Windows CMD. Alternatively, you can do it from within TransMac, as shown in the instructions shown below the next paragraph.
Once this is done, you can download TransMac and use the two-week free trial period to get the job done free of cost. You can always upgrade if you like the utility and want to keep using it after the trial period has ended. Once you download and install the application, insert your formatted USB drive and follow the instructions below:
Step 1: If you haven't formatted the USB, right-click on your USB drive in the left panel and select Format Disk for Mac from the contextual menu.
Step 2: Right-click again on the drive in the left panel and this time select Restore with Disk Image.
Step 3 : Select the DMG file and click on Open. Once the process is complete, you can eject the drive and use it on a Mac. To boot from this media, hold down the Option key and fire up your Mac.
Convert DMG to ISO and Create macOS Boot USB from Windows
Since ISO is a better format for Windows, you can also convert the DMG to the ISO format and then use the ISO disk image to create the bootable USB. Please note that you can't boot your Mac from bootable USB made from an ISO file, which means you'll have to convert it back to DMG prior to that. Still, it's an effective way to create bootable media for a Mac computer. Here's how it works:
Step 1: Once you have the macOS install DMG file on a Windows PC, click on Windows + R to open the run dialog box, and type in CMD, then hit Enter. When the Command Prompt opens up, use the following command to convert the file to ISO:
hdiutil convert /path/sourceimagefile.dmg -format UDTO -o /path/targetmage.iso
Step 2: Download and install UUByte ISO Editor on your PC, insert the USB drive and launch the application.
Step 3: Click Burn button on the main screen and point to the converted ISO file. The drive will be automatically detected and click on Burn icon to burn the ISO to the USB drive.
Once the ISO is burned to the file, you can insert it into a Mac and convert it back into the DMG format. Since you're converting the file twice, there's a chance that the file could get corrupted in the process. If that happens repeatedly, then try this next method.
PowerISO: Make Bootable Mac Install USB on Windows 10/8/7
This Windows utility allows you do create bootable USB from DMG on a PC. You can also edit the DMG or extract the contents, and there's also an option to copy it to a disk. For this particular exercise, we'll show you how to use PowerISO to create a bootable USB drive on Windows without having to convert the disk image into another format like ISO.
Simcity 4 Deluxe Edition.rar - Google Drive. Simcity 4 deluxe edition trainer.
Step 1: Download and install the application on your PC.
Step 2: Insert your USB drive and launch PowerISO.
Step 3: In the Tools menu, select 'Create Bootable USB Drive… '. You will need to give admin privileges to the software. Alternatively, you can run the program as admin when you launch it.
Step 4: Select the USB drive in the section called Destination USB Drive.
Step 5: Leave all other default as they are and click on 'Start' to burn DMG to the USB drive.
You should be able to see the progress, and a new popup will appear when the bootable media is ready. You can now eject the media and use it to run the DMG on a Mac computer.
All of these methods are workable, so select the right one for you based on your level of knowledge and your preference.
As Apple is releasing an operating system per year and one of the best operating system called MacOS Mojave. MacOS Mojave is a friendly and best operating system, although it has tons of new features and that is handy for Mac users. However, you are using Mac computer or Hackintosh PC then you are curious to know about How to Install MacOS Mojave on PC-Hackintosh. therefore, in this article, I am going to guide you with best and easy steps that you can easily install MacOS Mojave on Hackintosh. So, we will complete the installation by using the Clover EFI Bootloader, but how you can do it, you will learn here.
Installing the Mac operating system on Mac computer is quite easy but if we think about Windows then it might be difficult and it will need more information and knowledge. However, we have such platforms that allow us to install a Mac operating system on windows like Virtualbox and Vmware Software. these two virtual machines are the best chance to use and install any Mac Operating system, Therefore, if you are Windows user then follow the below links and install the Mac Operating system on virtual machines.
Before, going to install MacOS Mojave 10.14 on PC-Hackintosh using Clover EFI Bootloader, you have to complete the required files which we will mention below, after that, follow step by step and you will be able to install MacOS Mojave.
How to Install MacOS Mojave on PC-Hackintosh?
As I mentioned we will install MacOS Mojave on Hackintosh using Clover EFI Bootloader, So, it will be somehow difficult and you might get confused but don’t worry I will guide you step by step with good explanation.
- Download MacOS Mojave with your developer account on your Hackintosh OR
- Download MacOS Mojave dmg file
- 16GB USB Flash Drive
- 4GB USB for Post Installation
- Clover Boot Loader ( Newer Version )
- EFI partition from the USB
- EFI partition from the Mojave
- Download Realtek ALC235 Audio Kext complete file – Mediafire
- Download Realtek RTL8111 Ethernet Kext complete file – Mediafire
Step 1: Download MacOS Mojave dmg file
Of course to install MacOS Mojave you need to download Mojave dmg file then you can install it on your PC. downloading MacOS Mojave has two way, first, if you are Mac user then you can download it directly from App Store with your developer account if you are using Windows operating system then you don’t have developer account, therefore, download MacOS Mojave dmg file from above link.
Step 2: Create a Bootable USB for MacOS Mojave
Well, to install MacOS Mojave whether on Hackintosh or Virtual Machine, firstly, you will need to download MacOS Mojave image file which I mentioned above, therefore, download MacOS Mojave dmg file. After you downloaded then you have to create a bootable USB for MacOS Mojave. creating MacOS Mojave bootable USB is good for having a clean installation on PC although you can install without USB if you go with it then you will have the best MacOS Mojave installation.
You might know how to create MacOS Mojave Bootable USB Installer if you know then do it yourself if you don’t know then click on the link below and follow the steps. that way, you can create a bootable USB for MacOS Mojave.
As I have uploaded an article on How to Create MacOS Mojave Bootable USB Installer, therefore, I am not going to show you the steps, in this case, you have to read that article. Otherwise, follow the below steps to create a MacOS Mojave bootable USB.
- You Must Read:How to Create MacOS Mojave Bootable USB Installer
#1: To create a bootable USB for MacOS Mojave you will need to have 16GB USB flash drive, therefore, insert your USB drive to your computer.
#2: Then, use Command key + Space for the spotlight and search Disk Utility and press Enter key.
#3: Now, select your USB drive from the left side and click on Erase from the top menu. Afterward, follow this:
- Give a proper Name for USB Partition.
- Select Mac OS Extended (Journaled) for Format.
- And select GUID Partition Map for Scheme.
#4: Once you are done then click on Erase button and wait for a while then click on Done and close Disk Utility page.
#5: Open the Spotlight and search for Terminal, after that, copy and paste the below code to terminal and press Enter key. afterward, it will ask you to type your password and press enter key. While you press the Enter key then you will be asked to Enter Y key for confirmation, therefore, Press Y and wait for a while and close Terminal.
Step 3: Run Clover Configurator
- To run Clover Configurator, you need to download it on your PC.
- Now, open spotlight and search Clover Configurator and press Enter.
- Then, select the Mount EFI option from the left side.
- Afterward, select the EFI on install MacOS Mojave Beta and click on Mount Partition.
- Type your User password.
- While you Mounted EFI Partition then an EFI folder will be created to your desktop screen automatically.
- Therefore, open EFI external folder.
- You have to copy the EFI file into an external folder.
- After you copied then Eject the external EFI folder.
- You are done with this step and you have created EFI file of MacOS Mojave in a USB drive and you are ready to install MacOS Mojave on Hackintosh.
How To Boot Dmg File On Pc Windows 7
Step 4: Create Post-Install USB Drive
Now insert 4GB USB flash drive for creating post-installation and click on Go > Utilities and open Disk Utility. After that, follow the below steps.
- In Disk Utility, select your USB drive from the left side of the window and click on the Erase button from the top menu.
- Then, give a Name like (Post-Install), select Mac OS Extended (Journaled) for Format and select GUID Partition Map for Scheme.
- After that, click on Erase button and wait for a while and click on Done then close disk utility page.
- While the Post-install partition is done then copy and paste all the fixes drivers into Post-Install USB drive, after that, Eject the USB drive folder.
So, now the USB drive is ready to boot and we have copied all the files to Post-Install USB drive and the USB is ready to install macOS Mojave on Hackintosh but before going to install MacOS Mojave you have to configure BIOS setting.
Step 5: Configure BIOS Setting
#1: Now, restart your PC and press Delete button to bring the BIOS setting.
#2: Go to Save and Edit menu tab and select Load Optimized Defaults and press Enter key. after that select yes option. Once again click on Save and Edit set up on the same page and click Yes, afterward, your computer will restart automatically.
#3: Now, press Delete key to bring BIOS settings.
#4: Go to BIOS tab and Disabled fast boot option. then select 2x for Mouse Speed, then select Other OS for Windows 8/10 features, then select Legacy for Storage Boot option control, and select UEFI for other PC1 devices.
#5: Then, go to Peripherals tab and select PCI 1 Slot for Initial Display Output, then Disabled Intel platform trust technology (PTT).
#6: On the same page select USB Configuration then Enabled XHCI Hand-Off.
#7: Come back and select SATA And RST Configuration, then make sure you have selected AHCI for SATA Mode Selection.
#8: Now go to Chipset tab and Disabled VT-d.
Dmg File Pc
#9: At last go to Save and Exit tab and click on Save and Exit setup and click on yes button.
So, you have configured BIOS setting successfully, and you are ready to install MacOS Mojave on Hackintosh PC.
Step 6: Install MacOS Mojave on PC Macintosh HD
Now everything is done and you have configured BIOS setting, therefore, now it is time to install MacOS Mojave from USB flash drive. so, insert the USB drive and restart your computer, after that, go to Boot Menu and select your USB to install MacOS Mojave. Then follow the below steps.
- #1: On welcome page select Option and type -v nv_disabled=1_for Boot Args and press enter key.
- #2: Now, Boot MacOS install from install MacOS Mojave, therefore, click on Apple Logo and press enter.
- #3: Bypass black and white text and wait for a while.
- #4: Here, select your language and continue.
- #5: Then, select Disk Utility and continue.
- #6: Now, go to View menu tab and click on Show all devices.
- #7: Afterward, select the USB that you want to boot MacOS Catalina and click on Erase option from the top menu. then give a Name to the USB, select APFS for Format, and select GUID Partition Map for Scheme and click on Erase button and wait to complete the partition and click on Done. at last close the disk utility folder.
- #8: Now, select Install MacOS and continue.
- #9: click on Continue.
- #10: Then, agree to the terms and continue.
- #11: After that, select Macintosh HD and install MacOS Mojave on Macintosh HD.
So, you have installed MacOS Mojave on Macintosh HD successfully. now Boot MacOS Mojave to Macintosh HD.
Step 7: Boot MacOS Mojave from Macintosh HD
- Press F12 for Boot menu and select your USB drive and press Enter.
- Then, select option and type -v nv_disabled=1_for Boot Args and press enter key.
- This time boot MacOS install from Macintosh HD, therefore, select second Apple Logo and press Enter key.
- Wait for some minutes to install MacOS Mojave on Macintosh HD.
- Now your Computer will restart.
- Again press f12 for Boot menu and select your USB drive and press enter.
- Now, select option and type -v for boot args and press enter key.
- Then Boot MacOS from Macintosh HD and press enter key.
Mac Dmg File Download
Step 8: Install macOS Mojave on Hackintosh
- Select your country and continue.
- Select your keyboard layout and continue.
- Then, select My computer is not connect to the internet and continue.
- On data and privacy click continue.
- Select don’t transfer any information and click continue.
- Agree to the terms and condition.
- Now create a new user for computer, therefore, give a Full name, Account name, password, and Password Hint. then click on Continue.
- On express set up click on Continue.
- Now select your theme whether light mode or dark mode and click on continue.
- After that, it will be setting up your MacOS.
- You have installed MacOS Mojave on PC-Hackintosh HD successfully, now you can use MacOS Mojave on your PC Hackintosh.
Open Dmg On Pc
That’s all about How to install macOS Mojave on PC-Hackintosh, So, I have explained everything and all the steps you need is included in this article. So, follow each step one by one and don’t miss any line because you will face problems during the installation. Moreover, I hope the article was helpful for you and if you have any question then feel free to ask me in the comment box.