Jul 15, 2016 Information. To convert.APP file to.DMG format follow the steps below. Create a new folder on Mac and copy.APP file to the new folder. Open Disk Utility File New Image Image from Folder. Choose the new folder. Specify the name of the DMG file and the path where the file should be created and click Save button. Jun 12, 2013 Then you create the installer via Parallels (or similia) with the innoSetup App. With an only script from the IDE I currently create the DMG for OSX and the installer exe for Win and push both for my autoUpdate routines. I didn't realize InnoSetup can be written from OS X (thought it could only be done on Windows).
Home > Search converters: app to dmg
Conversion of app file format to dmg file format beta
Search for app to dmg converter or software able to handle these file types.
Bookmark & share this page with others:
Convert Mac application package or core system service to Apple Mac disk image.
We have found one software suitable in our database for this conversion.
If you need to create a DMG installer from a Mac OS X package (.app) you can for example use the App2Dmg utility that can perform this task simply by dragging the .app file to the program's main windows. It is not actual conversion, more of creating one file from another.
Updated: March 3, 2020
Apple macOS / Mac OS X software - convert app to dmg on OS X
A simple APP to DMG creator
Convert from app file
to dmg file
The table with program actions contains information about what each program is capable of doing with their files. This may be a good pointer for further searches for certain file conversions and help you find the converter you are looking for if our search result is insufficient for you. However, it is far from perfect and may sometimes show results which are not really usable because of the nature of the software handles the files. So a conversion that appears as possible, just because of matched actions, may in fact not be possible.
Additional links: Open app file, Open dmg file
An app file extension is related to Mac OS X (macOS) operating system for Apple Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, Mac Mini and MacBook Air computers. An app file contains application package.
Serial Box June 2018 Issue #186.The database is quite large and is regularly updated, so that you, for sure, will find in it what you are looking for!Just open the dmg file, drag and drop the app where you like. Thanks to all contributors and supporters!Release Name: Serial.Box.06.2018+SerialSeeker.v1.3.15.B8+iSerial.Reader.v2.0.21.MacOSX-P2PSize: 9.7 MBLinks: NFO –Download: –. However, there is no way to view what serials, cracks and patches are new in this issue as compared to the previous. P2P group has released an updated version of “Serial Box / SerialSeeker / iSerial Reader”.Description: Serial Box is a monthly updated Mac software serial database.
A dmg file extension is used for default disk image format in Mac OS X (macOS) that replaced the older IMG format. It is used much like ISO images on Windows platform.
Back to conversion search
A shell script to build fancy DMGs.
Status and contribution policy
This project is maintained thanks to the contributors who send pull requests, and now (Sep 2018) with the help of @aonez.
We will merge any pull request that adds something useful and does not break existing things, and will often grant commit access to the repository.
If you're an active user and want to be a maintainer, or just want to chat, please ping us at gitter.im/create-dmg/Lobby.
You can install this script using Homebrew:
You can download the latest release
You can also clone the entire repository:
All contents of source_folder will be copied into the disk image.
- --volname <name>: set volume name (displayed in the Finder sidebar and window title)
- --volicon <icon.icns>: set volume icon
- --background <pic.png>: set folder background image (provide png, gif, jpg)
- --window-pos <x> <y>: set position the folder window
- --window-size <width> <height>: set size of the folder window
- --text-size <text_size>: set window text size (10-16)
- --icon-size <icon_size>: set window icons size (up to 128)
- --icon <file_name> <x> <y>: set position of the file's icon
- --hide-extension <file_name>: hide the extension of file
- --custom-icon <file_name custom_icon sample_file> <x> <y>: set position and custom icon
- --app-drop-link <x> <y>: make a drop link to Applications, at location x, y
- --ql-drop-link <x> <y>: make a drop link to /Library/QuickLook, at location x, y
- --eula <eula_file>: attach a license file to the dmg
- --rez <rez_path>: specify custom path to Rez tool used to include license file
- --no-internet-enable: disable automatic mount©
- --format: specify the final image format (default is UDZO)
- --add-file <target_name> <file folder> <x> <y>: add additional file or folder (can be used multiple times)
- --disk-image-size <x>: set the disk image size manually to x MB
- --hdiutil-verbose: execute hdiutil in verbose mode
- --hdiutil-quiet: execute hdiutil in quiet mode
- --sandbox-safe: execute hdiutil with sandbox compatibility and do not bless
- --version: show tool version number
- -h, --help: display the help
Create Dmg From App On Windows 10
Create Dmg From App On Windows 6
- see the StackOverflow question